Medical Gas Systems
When people think of HVAC they typically think A/C and heating systems. Which is correct, however, there is much more to it. At The Severn Group, we help design and manage commercial HVAC. This includes health care facilities and hospitals. Included in the operation management of those types of facilities are medical gas systems.
These systems are live-saving. There are many types of gases that patients and employees alike rely on. This is why you need a reliable company that is well versed in the medical gas systems.
The Severn Group is highly trained and experienced at installation and maintenance of medical gas systems. Our highly dedicated team of professionals is always ready to help you with your facility’s HVAC needs. If you have an emergency, please call us and we will work to help you as fast as possible.
Read Our Recent Articles
Medical Gas Systems Need Experienced HVAC Experts
There are many risks associated with improper retrofits or designing of medical gas systems. As many health care facilities deal with daily emergencies, their systems shouldn’t be one of them. It can literally mean the difference between life or death. The Severn Group team will always ensure the following when working on the medical gas system;
- Stable pressure in the pipes and also clean the system to ensure it is devoid of any pathogenic elements.
- They will ensure that the gas system is painted with different colors to depict the specific gas being carried through the piping system.
- The professionals will also ensure that the audiovisual system is up and running for the sake of the patient’s safety and in case of collapse, emergency techniques can be used to counter the problem instantaneously.
- They will also check the zone shut up the valve to ensure that it is not rusty and remain clean.
- The alarm system will also be checked and in case of any issue, they will be rectified using the latest testing equipment on the market today.
We have an entire checklist to make sure your medical gas systems are up and running. The terminal units will be evaluated in order to ensure that the connections are working as per the specifications of the systems. Also, the secondary equipment like humidifiers, wall suction unit, uni injector, and others that fall in this range will be checked. The best way to go about the whole process is never to miss a scheduled routine of maintenance process so that you enjoy high utility value from the system of your choice.